Hey K8,
Remember that friend I was telling you about during my testimony, the one I've always been pretty close with? He's the one I feel like I should be sharing Jesus with. I'm sorry to be such a downer right after we (almost) all got home, but please pray for this friend. His name is Alec.
Right when I was getting off the ferry in Tsawwassen, I got a call from Alec. He told me he was in the hospital and sounded pretty drugged up. He was on vacation with a few friends in Mexico and he said he somehow fell off a balcony and broke both of his legs. He thankfully had the right travel insurance so it's not going to be a financial burden on him. He got surgery on both of his legs while he was in Mexico, but apparently the surgeons did a terrible job so he had to have it done again back home. He told me he wouldn't be walking for about 2-3 months.
I told him I'd be praying for him, which is already something I've never done before. He seemed really shocked by it but really encouraged at the same time. Please pray for Alec, Kaleo, because I'm not going to be around for long enough to really be a light to him while he's suffering. I'll be at camp doing advanced crew and counseling while he'll be at home in a wheelchair.
Thanks guys,
Steve
6 comments:
ill keep him in my prayers.
I'll be praying too!!
on it.
I'll be praying, Steve!:) Thanks for letting us know- I love how already you're noticing that change in yourself about the prayer thing. So cool. I'm excited to see how God is going to use you in that friendship!
PRAYING!
Steve thanks for letting us know! Wow, it seems like God is already put you in place to be speaking into Alec's life and praying on his behalf. I will definitely be praying for discernment and sensitivity in how to go about re-connecting that friendship, on new terms. You are both in new places, I pray that God will prepare Alec's heart for your words and acceptance and curiousity in how you are not how he remembers.
Love you Steve!
Kristine (sorry this somehow got so long!)
Post a Comment