Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reporting To You From The Plains of SK

Hello my Kaleo family!
Well, right now I sit on my deck by my pond (which I think could be mistaken for a pool) with the rushing of a waterfall and the sound of chirping birds. Beautiful.
This past week has been in some ways strange, but good. Strange in the aspect of leaving BC and returning to my SK home. Also, in the aspect that I love you guys and I do deep down miss you but I haven't sobbed tears over the matter, and for some reason I feel guilty about it. I do not take for granted though my time with you guys or the community, I know it was and still is a great blessing. So the good part... good in the aspect of seeing friends and family once again. Also see my church family. I didn't realize how much I missed them. I am excited to see what ministry opportunities will arise this summer.
So, when I got home I learned that the job I wanted, the gardening job, the deadline had passed to hand in my resume, and also for a tourist booth job I was thinking of doing. To be honest, I felt overwhelmed. But I had decided before coming home that I would depend on God to help me get a job, and one that would fit with his will for the summer. So I thought that these jobs just weren't meant to fit. I did email the guy for the gardening job and asked if I could still send in my resume. I got a reply, and actually he asked if I would be willing to work the months of May and June, no resume needed. To me, this is a God-send, this enabled me to work at camp and be in my hometown for awhile, and try to head up that social justice movie thing. So praise God!
Also, today I shared at my church. A testimony of my year I decided I would do. I talked about grace, what I learned this year, community, and the difficulties. I didn't know though that the pastor, PJ, decided to do the service on grace. I had sent my testimony to PJ to see if that is what he wanted and he said he liked it but didn't tell me about the grace factor. Who would have ever thought! Crazy how God orchestrates things. So I got up there with a very, very large and humongous crowd of 50 people (haha). I was composed, talked slowly (which I have a problem with), but then I started to do the usual... I started getting teary-eyed which eventually broke into a few sobs. But my tears are evidence of how much I love you guys, but also of how much God has softened my heart and how life-changing this year has been to me. To be honest, even though I cried in front of 50 people, I was totally okay with it. I guess Kaleo prepared me for that.
Well, I am excited to see what will happen with you by God working through you. I suck at remembering but I will be praying for all of you. I keep thinking of Genesis 12 where Abraham is told of being blessed so he will bless others. I think that is us. We have been greatly blessed this year with one another so that we in turn can be a blessing to others. Love you guys so much!
Lanaynay
Oh! Here is a link to my little "speech":
http://lynnea-heart-body-and-soul.blogspot.com/2011/04/end.html

No comments: