Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cup Full

Most amazing thing happened tonight! We flew to Regina, found ourselves on the same plane as Tim Stabell and his wife who drove us to Caronport, moved into Wes and Faith Olmstead’s house, had dinner with Jim & Anne Paulson, and the after dinner Jim says he needs to go to the grad rehearsal and hand out robes, so we go there and he pushes a door open and a whole bunch of people start yelling – and I realize they are all KalĂ©o students (and most of the rest of the prof’s) from all kinds of years and places who have gathered there to see us and honor us...

It was very overwhelming.

They said a whole lot of encouraging things, the school awarded me with a plaque making me an “Honorary Alumnus,” and we worshipped together and they prayed for us and we had amazing desserts. We talked and talked. Even Nicki was there, the sneak (just saw her last night and she breathed not a word)! And I told them all about you – to the whole group and individually to some of your ParaKaleo’s (Bret, Jesse really loves you, has been praying for you all year and is definitely part of what happened, and Logan, you and Ben need to get together).

Grace, grace, grace, grace, grace. Wow, I’m so out of words. Miss you very much, even more after tonight!

3 comments:

Holly said...

AWW, really wish i could have been there. and you two so deserve that. love you, Jim!

Heidi said...

Oh, Jim! This makes my heart so glad! What a cool thing- to have all of those students who love you so dearly come around you and honour you like that! Like Holly said, I wish I could have been there! I'm so glad that God blessed you and Sarah with this wonderful grace-filled occasion! Miss you...!

Sarah Leona said...

I love you Jamesy! let this grace unfold wonderfully before you.