After I left all of you early in my parents truck headed back to Calgary, I stared out the window with my mascara and tear filled eyes and reflected on the time we all shared together. I realized how much of a family we truly are and how I love each and every one of you. I knew that it was right to leave and that I was prepared to depart from Kaleo which was both exciting and nerve wrecking. When I eventually arrived home, I went to my room and slept. I allowed myself three days of doing absolutely nothing. I cried myself to sleep those three nights because I missed you all so much. After those three days, my sobbing ended, I smartened up and began preparation for my awaited return to BC. I helped out around the house to make things easier for my parents, did errands, unpacked (after a week), packed again and saw a couple of my friends. I watched my little brothers basketball games and realized that he was no longer my cute little brother who enjoyed basketball. He is an amazing athlete and I admire how dedicated he is to his passion. Unfortunately, I did not spend much time with my older brother. I saw him here and there but we don't get along like we used to and that was and still is a very difficult concept for me to grasp.
Being at home was generally uncomfortable. I felt like my family didn't know me. Home should be a place where you feel safe and secure and where I had once felt that, I no longer could feel. I guess you could say I locked myself up in my room for a while avoiding any contact from outsiders. I avoided trips to town in case I saw someone I knew. Obviously thats not how I should deal with things, but I did.
The moment I crossed over the BC border, I felt so free. Since I was young BC had always been a safe place for me, and it still is to this day. I can't explain it, but it just feels like home as cliche as that sounds. My mom drove up with me and I dropped her off at the Tawassa ferry terminal. Then I went to Steve's house for a night. I am currently at Holly's house and am so blessed to be here. I spent the evening with Michael Bayus and Kwon. It was so fun to be back with my friends. I felt so comfortable to be myself around them and not have to worry.
I am looking forward to working at camp this summer, and seeing what God will do in my life and through me.
I love you all!
Jojo
P.S. Any good short Bible verses?
2 comments:
Hey Joje, that was good to hear :) What kinda verses you looking for?
this has been my go to verse for the past little while.
Joel 2:25
I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter, my great army, which I sent among you.
I like the idea of redemption and the fact that we don't need to live with regrets of lost time. Our job is to take advantage of today.
I'm so excited that you're at qwanoes this summer!
Post a Comment