Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Crooked Souls Trying To Stay Up Straight

Hey guys!
Well to say the least life has been somewhat normal. I went to YC Alberta as a "youth leader" this last weekend. To be honest, I think I am past the stage of really enjoying YC but I found some of the workshops really good and informational and seeing some of our youth kids excitement was very encouraging and exciting to me. I think of how Paul talks about spiritual milk, that is what YC mostly is, and I don't need spiritual milk anymore, I need something more nourishing for my stage. Speaking of the workshops.... for you who don't know Bobby Bailey is one of the co-founders of Invisible Children, an non-profit organization. He did a workshop and... I actually got to meet and talk with him a little! It was so exciting for me, so I guess that makes me a social justice geek, haha.
In other news, for those who were wondering my first social justice night went really well I may even say a success. 13 people came, but from barely any advertising and from a church of 50 people, I think it was a really good turn-out. It was also a wide age range, which was also so encouraging and wonderful. I plan on doing another this coming sunday. Keep praying!
Love you all so much,
Lynnea
P.S. Bret and Joje, I saw/heard Jon Foreman sing Shadow Proves the Sunshine, made me think of you two.

No comments: