Friday, June 3, 2011

Okay, Heids. Out Loud...

So I check this blog almost everyday, if not everyday, yet it's been a while since I've posted. I'm so glad to see how you are all doing. I miss you guys a lot. I know that it's good that Kaleo's over, but I miss my Kaleo family.

That being said, life is so good. I love being home. I've connected to my small group here and my best friend, Alanna, and I shared our testimonies much like we did at Kaleo (and for her, Quest) so that by encouraging vulnerability we can foster community. And it's working! They've embraced the idea and another one of our friends will be sharing his story the week after next! I'm so stoked on what God is doing here and how He's using us to grow each other.

I have an incredible group of friends (and boyfriend). This transition has been relatively easy. Not too many concerns or feelings of not having a place here. I'm excited to see what this next year brings!

Also, I am heading back to ARGENTINA!!! So crazy how God brought it all together, but I still have to raise money so if you could possibly help out at all (even 5 bucks is appreciated!), I would be so appreciative. The Lord is providing money in some pretty cool ways, but yeah. I'm gone from July 1st- July 15th and I'm headed back to the Rendles' and Buenos Aires. I'm so so excited!

Argentina has had a lasting effect on me. I realized just how much I love Spanish so next year, I am headed to UBC Vancouver for a Spanish major with a minor in International Relations! As well, I discovered my love for youth ministry so I am now youth leading at my church (usually, you're supposed to have a gap year before working with high schoolers, but they needed someone and called me in!) I'm also hoping to one day do youth ministry abroad as a missionary.

As well, my dad and I have been talking on the phone and it's been so good! He is really supportive of my plans for next year and beyond and it's just a really good situation right now!


Please pray that all the money for Argentina will come in and that God will have His hand on this trip!

If you want to donate, please message or email me: h dot bishu at gmail dot com (except actually put in the symbols that are typed and no spaces)

Love you all!!

Holly

3 comments:

bret said...

HOLLY I MISS YOU! this update is SOOOO encouraging, i am so happy argentina has been solidified. how much money do you still need? and how can i donate?? i love you so so so much and am praying for ya my darling.

Holly said...

Bretski, you're incredible. And i think about you a lot! you can mail me if you would like to donate! and i still need a lot!

remember, if you need a retreat/getaway, we're waiting for you here! love you!

bret said...

i love you too and will definitely be in vancity this summer for a retreat :) message me your mailing address??