Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hey guys! I hope every body's summers have been going well. I've been reading the blogs here, and I am praying for both of your guys' situations Michael and Bret. I'm hoping very much to see both of you guys in the fall.
So ya, I figured I should just let you guys know how my summer has been turning out. On Monday I had applied for several jobs around Drayton, and one of the places seemed fairly interested in my resume, and the way everything was unfolding I was pretty sure I had my summer job, except that night at TaeKwonDo one of the other instructors also offered me a job working on the rigs with his company. After a day and a half of consideration, prayer, and advice from a few people, I decided to go after the oil rig job, which happens to both have its up sides and down sides. The up side is that I wont have any trouble affording my next year of school, and it sounds like I'll probably be able to be around my family and friends (unless they send me up North), but the down side is that the rigs are a dangerous place to be, both physically and spiritually. So while I am going to be striving hard over the summer to maintain a strong relationship with Christ, please continue to pray for my heart, that what I believe will be translated clearly to those around me in my actions and in my words. One of Jim's famous metaphors come to mind, about being the thermostat over the thermometer.
Anyways, that's me, both excited and anxious at this point. I hope to hear from EVERYONE over summer here, and I'll be praying for all of you!
Your Brotha from the same Fatha,

Logan

2 comments:

Michael said...

I have to say that I am someone what jealousy that you won't have to worry about affording school next year, a concern I'm sure many of us have, however I am glad to see you are doing well and I will keep you in my prayers for sure. Just remember that just because you may go far away, God is still there. And it may be hard but your a lighthouse remember, shine your light and don't hide it. Remember, a a city on a hill can`t hide itself and I`m sure no one wants the lighthouse to hide itself (that results in deaths). Besides if anyone tries anything I`m sure you will be able to drop with a kick to the head or something. Yours in my prayers, good luck.

Logan Anderson said...

Haha, thanks Michael ;) I meant dangerous as in moving machinery everywhere and moving big metal pipes, but you've got a good point too, and it made me smile :) And ya, I'll try to press into my Kaleo name especially during this time, or people very well could perish.
Miss ya man.