Monday, June 6, 2011

A Mom and Dadke Update

Well, we have started our adventure! Plans have shifted and changed, and will continue to do so, but such is the nature of the best of adventures. At the moment, we are staying in Ucluelet for a couple of weeks, and we "happened" to have been blessed with the best weather so far this year. I like the evenings best:



I can't say that I have relaxed yet. The last few weeks have been endless packing and cleaning (huge thanks to those who came and helped, especially Janet!), and so this is the first time since the end of Kaleo that we have actually slowed down.

I am not even sure how we feel. Pain seems predominant, as my shoulder problem has turned chronic and it will take much therapy and exercise to get it back in shape, and Sarah is awaiting a surgery date sometime in mid-July. I watch the surfers with envy. The other feeling is sadness, catching up with us from the great amount of loss we have experienced this year. But there is also a feeling of hope, trusting that God's vague but sure words to us about our future can be trusted.

What's next? As I said, plans are shifting. After Ucluelet we will return to Crofton to finish signing all the papers for the house, then go to the Mainland (a night at Holly's - come join us!) and head out to Kelowna for a bit to see my mom, go to a family wedding and stay with Kristie. From there, we may wander a bit in BC or the US for a while, but we have put off plans for the across-Canada trip until late August. While Sarah gets her surgery and recovers, we may be in Victoria for a few weeks. Then we will start the cross-Canada trip in Halifax and drive back this way. So some of you may be back home or in college when we come through your area. We will definitely need to spend a day or two at Briercrest! That will take us to early October, and if we still don't know what we are doing or need more rest time, we may travel overseas somewhere. But of course, this can all change.

We miss you greatly, have loved visits and conversations with some of you, and we want to assure you that it is more than okay to contact us - we hope you will! And we hope to see many of you in our travels. Please pray that we will move into rest with grace and avoid the pitfalls the enemy has waiting for us. And may God show his faithfulness to you in continuing the good work he started in you to completion!

5 comments:

Logan Anderson said...

Hey Jim! It's great to hear from you guys :) I'll be praying for both of your guys healing in these next couple months, and I hope that you guys find the rest you're looking for too. I can't wait to see you in the Fall at B-Crest!

Sarah Leona said...

I have so much joy hearing your honesty and seeing that at this point in life you are waiting on the Lord for everything. I hope that you are just as confident that you will see his goodness Jim. I love you and Sarah so much and am praying for her surgery and I know that with everything God has plans to lavish you with his abundant love and grace.

And Jim! When you get back to Crofton for the few days could you and even Sarah please stop by camp so that I can say HI and maybe even a BYE for now!!!! I will be waiting there :)

Shannon Grochowski said...

Hey Jim Bad! K I creeper other blogs too so don't mind me:)
When about are you staying with Kristie? Jon and I are thinking of going camping up that way sometime soon and maybe we could all spend a day together.
OR maybe you can just come over to Jon and our house for dinner when you are in the Aldergrove/vancouver area...ya...ya??
Praying for the two of you! I am so excited to see where the Lord is going to lead you and what He is going to teach you on your travels.
Please keep updating! Love you two!
Shannon

Holly said...

Shannon! Come to my place and visit!!

And yay for Badkes coming here! So stoked!

Lynnea said...

B-crest! Oh baby, what a fun time that will be!
I see you are putting that new camera to use! I like. :) Also, seeing pictures of the West Coast made me miss it that much more! Thanks a lot, Jim. haha.
Wow, all I can say is, this must be a crazy time for you guys, I will be praying for both of you. Enjoy your time in Ukee!
With Love,
Lynnea