Hey guys, remember Alec? My friend that I randomly mentioned during my testimony, and that broke both of his legs and told me as soon as I got back from Kaleo? For the longest time he's just really been on my heart as a friend that I've really needed to stay close to and share Jesus with because he's always been more or less going on the opposite path. I felt lead and decided to stay back from going to advanced crew at Qwanoes before my surgery just to spend more time with him because of this.
Anyways, I'm at camp now, and Alec randomly texted me and gave me a bit of a shock. He told me that he's suddenly had the realization that he has been on the wrong path his whole life, and wants to get closer to the people that actually care about him and with God because I'm his only friend that has shown genuine care for him while he's been injured. Even the friends that were with him and somewhat caused his accident didn't come visit him. It's crazy that it's just been through the fact that I felt led to stay home for longer and spend time with him that this has all actually happened. We had a really good conversation about it and he's had a huge change of heart and it can only be credited to the work of God in his heart.
I straight up told him that this was all an answer to prayer, and he said he knew I was praying for him and that it meant more than I could know. I also told him that some of you guys were praying for him when I asked for it after he broke his legs, and he was completely blown away. He said that was awesome and he wants to experience real relationships with people like I do with you guys, and wanted me to thank everyone. Thanks a lot for your prayer for him, all of you who did.
I'll still need to talk with him a lot when I get home, but this is an amazing start and I'm so glad that it's happening.
Love you guys,
Steve
PS. If anyone wants to be on my prayer team for this summer at Qwanoes I'd appreciate it so much. I'm not doing the best right now so any prayer is appreciated. Let me know
10 comments:
PRAISE GOD! Oh, this makes me so glad- God is definitely at work. Steve, thanks for being willing to be used by the Father and for faithfully reaching out and loving on Alec! Christ is evidently shining through you. Also, I would love to be on your prayer team for Qwanoes! :) Let me know what I can be praying for you specifically in these first couple weeks! :) Miss you!
That is absolutely wicked man! You mention how it was through the fact you stayed at home longer, but don't forget about your constant love, care, and prayer that was so prevalent beforehand as well my friend :) I thank God that he has a friend like you to talk to after his change of heart, and I will be praying for the both of you.
This just made me cry! Praise the Lord because He is so faithful and you have been so obedient to him. You are the greatest Steve, just imagine all that God wants to do through you.
I hope the next week is better for you, I am praying!
PTL! That is so incredible, it does amaze how God works. I will be on your prayer team for this summer also. ;)
PTL! That is so incredible, it does amaze how God works. I will be on your prayer team for this summer also. ;)
Oh man that's great to hear! God is Good. What does being on your prayer team entail? I'm game!
Being on the prayer team means committing to pray for me and what's going on here every day during the summer, I'm pretty sure we had to have one for kaleo lol
That's SO sweet, Steve. More evidence of God's goodness and I know he'll continue to work in Alec's life.
I would like to be on your prayer team too if you are not already maxed out. Either way, I'm praying for you while at camp.
Thats so amazing and encouraging to hear Steve! God is using you in such an incredible way and I was so excited to read this! I would totally love to be on your prayer team too but like meghan said if you already have enough people ill still be praying for you and Alec either way. Let me know, miss you.
Awesome, it would be great if both of you are on it, the more the merrier :)
Post a Comment