I have been working a lot in the lovely Millenium garden of Leader, and in a weird cheesy way, it is kind of cool. I have been able to see all these flowers (like the perennials) sprout from nothing from the ground to grow into gigantic and beautiful bushes of flowers. I have definitely learned a few things about patience (flowers do not really grow fast as you can assume, except vines.... they grow really fast). And I have learned a fair bit about plants. Even though, it is a lonely job with only birds, cats, bugs, and the occasional elderly lady coming through. I must say though, I have been blessed with an incredible boss. He isn't a believer but even though he makes some crude jokes he completely understand that I am different and don't have the same values and morals as the rest of the pharmacy staff (weird to explain but yes, a pharmacist is my boss). It has also been great because he is really involved in what is going on on a provincial, local, and global level. He is a real huge philanthropist, so I have had great conversations about that with him (and photography). Lastly, even though I have only worked there two months since he said that this is the best the garden has been in years, I got a mini fridge as a bonus! It is a very decent one too, that is worth over 300 dollars. So all I can say is I am blessed.
I just had my third social justice night, and once again, it went pretty well. Although, I did bawl in front of everyone there because you guys all know how much I love to cry in front of people....not. I guess this stuff really touched me, and my emotions just spilled out. When I was in Vancouver the stuff I saw and heard I registered within me and it pained my heart but I hadn't really ever felt it emotionally, until now. My night was on sex trafficking and for the Van. team I think some of you remember when we saw that woman being beaten by that man when we were driving on Hastings Street, and as I was telling my audience this, I started straight out crying. At least by the time I was done almost all the women in the room were crying too (which made me feel a little better).
Next week I start work at Luseland Bible Camp. I am nervous, excited, and for some reason worried what this camp season will look like. Please be praying for me and for my camp.
Speaking of prayer requests, this may sound so dumb but for the last year or so I have been getting reoccuring pus pockets at the back of my throat and sinus infections, and to be honest, I haven't really been able to sing at all. I went to the doctor and she said it could be slightly serious, so please be praying for me, especially because I usually sing on the worship team at camp.
Love you guys so much! I am praying for you constantly.
Keep praying for freedom,
Lynnea
4 comments:
Lynnea, i love your heart. i know you hate crying in front of people but it's just a sign of your tender heart. I am praying for you, dear girl, in the midst of these medical issues. I understand how much it sucks! Miss and love you!
Thank you so much Holly! How are your medical issues going?
pretty much gone, praise the Lord! Keep us updated, kay?
I will amen that! haha. I will do.
Post a Comment