Monday, June 7, 2010

Kaleo Intern Numero Uno

Well hello there

My Name is Tyler Cassidy and i will be one of the Kaleo interns this year. I am currently working at camp as the head wakeboard and waterski instructor and am loving it (except for the fact that there is no sun). This is my fifth summer on staff here at Qwanoes, and it feels like the first. But more than a love for camp is my love for kaleo.

I did Kaleo in 2006/07 (also known as K4). I did kaleo right out of Highschool, and really had no idea what i was getting myself into. i became a follower f Christ just one month before Kaleo, and had no idea what i was doing. If someone would have told me i would be here working with you guys some 3 years later i would have said they were nuts. Yet after my time at kaleo i then went to briercrest college, to take my BA in youth min which i am currently going into my fifth year. (yes i know its only supposed to take 4 but hey, who's counting). MY joy is to work with youth and young adults, encouraging and discipling. Really i would say i have one of the best jobs in the world, from working with the Cit program here last year to being the Kaleo intern this year. It doesn't get much better.

A little bit about me i guess would now be in order. I like long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners. Well thats not true, but those things are great. I love getting to know people, i love to listen and here what the lord is doing in the lives of his people, and cannot wait to here what he is doing in your lives. I am addicted to the outdoors, i love anything from biking, to rock climbing, swimming, or even a good croquet match. But more than that i love being out in creation with my lord. Also huge into the arts, love music (tho i cant play any instruments, i have been known to be a mean ipod dj ) love to paint and draw as well as photography (www.tylercassidyphotography.blogspot.com). And i guess if i had to choose a favorite activity it would be snowboarding. Its been my passion for many years. I was actually planning on running a snowboard ministry this year, yet the lord has called me to something far greater.

my hope for you is that as you prepare for this year you would allow the lord to soften your hearts, that you would let him work so powerfully in your lives, for this year is going to be a difficult year. Tho it will be good it will come at a price. There will be heartache, there will be sacrifice, the lord will tear down, yet there is hope and good news, for he will heal, he will mend, and he will restore and rebuild that which he has torn down. continue to use this blog throughout the summer, post your thoughts and feelings, ytour joys and your apprehensions about this coming year, and more than that let each other, and us as the leadership team know how we can better pray for you as this year fast approaches. The lord is already growing our heart for you, and i know i am so excited to meet you guys.


11 comments:

Nate said...

no way! whats up man how are you doing

Michael said...

Hmm, I think I've met you before....now where could that be, CIT maybe? Lol. Wow so excited your going to be there for Kaleo; this year just keep getting better and better and it hasn't even started yet. Can't wait to see you this summer!

Erik Karklins said...

I checked out the photos, pretty sweet stuff man. And I've only heard amazing things about you, so i'm pretty stoked haha

TYLERcassidy said...

erik, im uper stoked to see you do kaleo. i remember when you were just a wee boy when vik and i did kaleo, but now your all grown up, most likley bigger than me, but so stoked for the karklins legend to live on in you

Michelle said...

T-CAS!!! i'm soo pumped for you.. Slash Them!! oh man Praise the lord! This is sweet!!!!

Matt said...

if this was facebook i would like this:) these guys are in for a great year

Stephen said...

jeez i think i may have met you once or twice too but i don't recall :P

VK said...

TYLER CASSIDY IS A LEGEND!!!! I wish he were my Kaleo intern. I'm considering doing Kaleo again this year just so he can be my intern, I didn't get enough of his as my roommate slash quadmate. I'll just sleep in Erik's bunk and say we're conjoined twins. You can still do Kaleo after doing 4 years of Bcrest right?

Dude, so stoked for you! And for my little bro! I'm definately going to have to visit to see you, Janet, and my lil' brothers!

K8, you are in for one wild ride! Like I said, T-Cassidy is a legend.

So stoked for you bro, it's going to be so amazing. And if you're around next summer, maybe Erin and I will have to come join you at Qwanoes . . . ? ; )

Nate said...

You may be the new intern, but your still my Parakaleo, Good on yeah Tyler.

Nate said...

im going to give yu some sick care packages....

Emma said...

NO WAY. THIS IS UNREAL!!!