Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life..

Life really has a way of thrusting us on to paths we would never choose or even consider.


As a lot of you know, I had a bit of a hard transition back home after Kaleo. The beloved and gracious Jim and Sarah Badke opened their home for me to come and rest and start figure out where to take my next steps. I did a lot of things i’m not proud of. I hurt a lot of people, myself included. I was so deeply stuck in things that I didn’t even know how to begin to make better choices. But I knew there needed to be change, and I could not continue down the road I was on. So I applied for a program called Mercy Ministries in Surrey, BC. It’s a 6 month program for women age 19-27 to come and learn how to be set free from different things, and begin to live in the life that God intended. I heard about this program years ago, and when things would get bad I always thought about contacting them, but never seriously followed through with anything. But this time, I really had no idea where to go. I knew I needed to change, and I wanted change so badly, but I just couldn’t figure out how.


The application process is long. I started applying in the beginning of may, and didn’t even get accepted until July. Once you get accepted they put you on a wait list, and just pray and wait on the Lord’s timing for you to come. I went through the whole spectrum of being angry and impatient with the waiting and the uncertainty, to being relieved that I hadn’t heard from them. I was getting ready to build a life again in Victoria, and just starting to get a better grip on things. I applied for some jobs and stuff, but then a couple of days ago...Mercy called.

It’s really humbling to have all of this happening. This isn’t how I planned to spend my next year. This isn’t my first choice, but I’m starting to see that it is probably the right one.

You should look it up if you want to see more about Mercy. (www.mercyministries.ca).


It’s all happening so fast. I’m leaving on wednesday night, and I have no idea what to expect or how to feel. While i’m there I won’t have my cell phone, or internet at all, so no texting, facebook or email. I can get phone calls on saturdays. (604-535-1983). I’m kind of confused because on one form it said people can call from 1:30 to 5:30, and on another is said from 10 to 6.. I’m not really sure, so just call and i’m sure we’ll figure it out! AND I can send and get letters all the time!

Mercy Ministries of Canada
19465 16th Ave
Surrey, BC
V3S 9V2.


I would LOVE to hear from you!! And I need to know your new address for this year so I can send you letters too! So send mail! Woooo!

It’s going to be a tough transition, and I know it’s going to be really lonely at first not knowing anyone, and not being able to call or text whenever I want. And there’s some pretty strict and crazy rules, so it’s going to be tough to learn how to submit. I know that this is a good place, and it’s good for me to go, but honestly, i’m really afraid.


So i would really appreciate prayer.


Love you guys with all my heart!

No comments: