Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hey guys, hope the summer has been going wonderfully for everyone! Mine has been just dandy so far :) I received my yearbook on Monday, and had a great time looking over all our experiences and telling my family about the the year, and it made me miss you all a bunch, but also pumped me up for Briercrest once again!
In other news, four days after I had whined about my job on the rigs I was offered another job at church doing roofing, so I've been working for an awesome Christian guy for three weeks now, and I'm loving it. The work is pretty hot and hard, but Markus (My boss) is really laid back and funny, and I'm getting a pretty sick farmers tan in the mean time ;)
Last I'd like to ask for some prayers. Since the middle of hermeneutics I have had a lump at the bottom of my abdomen which slowly grew throughout the year. I finally went to have it checked out by a doctor on Monday, and she told me that I have a hernia, which is basically a split in my abdominal wall causing my bladder to poke through. Fortunately it's not a life threatening thing, unless my muscles try to close up and squeeze it off, causing an infection. Unfortunately I'll have to go in for surgery sometime during my time at Briercrest. Although I've had my worries, for the most part I have recieved peace about it.
Anyways, I am excited to hear the great news of what is happening with the Moravian school, and I would like to hear a lot more of what is happening in everyone else's lives too!
Miss you all!
Your brother in Christ,
Logan
P.S. My sister and mom are on a mission trip in Mexico right now with Caravan Ministries, is that the one that Jay's father in law is with?

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I tried to comment on this ages ago but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Logan - I went down to Mexico to in El Florido waaay back, when I was like 14 or 15! That's so sweet.
So thankful about your new job and praying about the hernia. See you soon, brotha!!!!