Hey guys! I have been following everyones blogs, and I'm excited to hear what God's been doing in everyone's lives, and as James writes, as we all are going through tests in our faith, we are developing perseverance, for God's glory. So my summer has had some mixed emotions tied in with it. Working on the rigs I figured was gonna be a pretty sweet gig, a bunch of hard work so that I could pay for B-Crest in September! However, While the work is alright, I have found myself feeling persecuted and alone at work. Sharing that I am a Christian at work has created a couple good conversations, but for the most part they just make fun of me for not wanting to have sex until I'm married. Anyways, I am finding it a much harder atmosphere to work in then I expected, as most of the conversations revolve around sex, and I'm having a hard time to relate to any of them. Secondly, I haven't recieved enough hours to cover school anyways, so I'm not sure how worth it this job was anyways. I feel like a whiner, because we are called to spread the gospel, and persecution comes with that. It just feels like almost everything lands on deaf ears. I guess it's been good practice for what a lighthouse does. The one exception to this is a Muslim man I have had some time to talk with, and though I havent been very bold in my speech, I hope to find another oppertunity to speak with him about God and Christ. I guess it is encouraging that I just have to shine, God does the hard work. Nevertheless, I am longing to escape soon! As the title says there is a light at the end of the tunnel, school is coming!
On a better note, They let me book a week off for camp, and didnt need me for another week, so I went to Faith Bible Camp, and was a Sr. Cabin leader for a junior high camp and support staff for the junior camp. This turned out to be a very encouraging time, as two of my boys gave their lives to Christ, and all of them seemed fairly engaged with the conversations. One night our devotion happened to be on forgiveness and grace, and what that is to us as a forgiven people, and it excited me to see it affect the guys thoughts a fair bit.
In other camp stories, I got my cabin to do the Raisin Bran skit, and everyone at camp loved it, said that it was definitely the funniest skit their was. Overall I had a great time, and it gave me some refreshing time to focus my mind on God without judgement or ridicule. besides all this though my summer hasn't been very eventful, and I find my thoughts often drifting back to everyone from Kaleo. My hopes and prayers are with you all, may God's will be yours!
Miss you all a ton,
Loges
2 comments:
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."
John 15: 18-20
Hey thanks Erik! I understand this, but I still find myself surprised that it's true (Which I shouldn't, cuz Jesus said it). Guess I'm not really used to being outwardly hated for following what's true. Anyways, thanks again Erik, I appreciated that. Hope Camp is going great! See ya soon!
Post a Comment