Well I guess I will tell you how my life is going cause thats what all the cool kids are doing these days. To put it in short life right now is is pretty much the same thing everyday and every week is the same. A day for me will consist of getting up, working until dinner, come home, eat, relax, got to bed and then do it all over again. Suffice to say that I am happy with life right now but there are times that I wish there was more.
The biggest problem for me is loneliness. My relationship with my parents has never been better, but friends are far and few. But I am sure that a 15-year friendship with my best friend is over because he's not willing to put any effort into the friendship so after a while I can get the message. I am blessed with an amazing church and pastor who I will regularly have coffee with but during Sunday services I will usually sit by myself. I have come to terms with my loneliness and have accepted it, probably prefer it over company, I have become more introverted than ever and I don't mind it too much.
The most significant things in my life that have happened these past weeks is that God provided an amazing job for me with a great boss doing residential landscaping. I am pretty much getting an education from this guy as he willing to teach me the best way of doing things, teaching plants names and what conditions they do well in. It is exactly what I wanted in my job. I have a good wage and have consistent hours. I had to quit my old job because it was just too draining on me and I had no life, that and the fact that they had to let me go because they were running out of work.
As well come the end of September I will be off to the Dominican Republic for a missions trip with my church! I don't know for sure whether or not I will be going because they still have to confirm time and expenses but I am 95% sure I will be going. Over there I will be building an add-on to a church as they have grown to the point of over-capicity and need additional seating for 200 people. I will be leaving at the end of September / beginning of October, which I believe is hurricane season over there...
Anyways i don't know who still checks this but thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to hear from you soon!!
2 comments:
1. So good to hear from you again. 2. Praise God for your new Job, it sounds great. 3. I think most people on here understand the loneliness thing. It has been hard going from a group like Kaleo to back home where most of what we had before has gone its own ways. You have to find a good Christian community, we were not supposed to be alone bud. I will pray that you can find one or at least that God will encourage you to find one.
Ah this makes me both sad and joyful. Joyful in God's providing of a solid job, and of your relationship with your Pastor and your church, and about the missions opportunity! :)
Sad but prayerful about the loneliness factor. I think things like that come in seasons. The Lord WILL provide the company and close-by friendships that your soul needs in his own time. I'll be praying for you, that a season of real and meaningful community for you will be coming soon.
So good to hear from you Bryan, as Michael said :)
Post a Comment