Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dos!

Kaleo 8! Wow!

What an incredible blessing it is to be apart of this year! My name is Janet Broening and I will be the other intern for this 2010/11 school year. I did K4 in the 2006/07 year as well, with Tyler. There are so many great memories, lessons, and challenges from that time, and I am excited to share those with you, but most importantly share in making new memories and learning new things with all of you as we embark on this adventure together!

I am currently in Abbotsford, BC, getting ready to come over to Qwanoes for the summer, and not exactly sure of my position yet. I have been going to the university here in Abbotsford for the past two years in the Science program focusing on Biology. I am currently living with family friends--a couple and their two kids ages 2 and 4. Very entertaining and never dull!

A few things about me...I'm from Prince George, BC which is a decent sized town in the middle of BC. Naturally from being up north, I enjoy most outdoor activities. I love running, hiking, and have recently gotten into rock climbing a bit more. Growing up I spent a lot of time at the ice rink figure skating, and I still like to go when I can. I love food--sharing a meal or a cup of coffee with someone is one of the ways I really like to get to know people. I love that God has a sense of humor:)

I have many hopes for the year ahead of us. Like Tyler said, this year is going to be a difficult one, but extremely rewarding. My prayer for you is that your hearts will be prepared for what is to come, and that you will trust that God is good and his perspective is accurate. I encourage you to be open and honest with yourself and one another as you go through this journey, as God has such good things planned! He wants to reveal himself to you in ways you could never imagine. And I am so excited for that. I am counting down the days that I get to meet all you lovely people!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Holly here! I'm stoked to meet you and get to know you. i'm always up for coffee and food!

what church are you at in Abbotsford?

Marissa said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!.... honestly sooooooooooo excited!!! it fills my heart with joy every time i think about you and tyler being the interns!! you are two very incredible people!!! hope you have a sweet year k8!!!!

VK said...

WOOOT!!! JAN JAN FOR INTERN!! Janet, you're going to do such an amazing job, and K8, you're going to be so blessed by Janet this year! The days are already starting to ebb away, Kaleo will be upon you before you know it! I can't even imagine the wild wonderfulness that will errupt putting you and Tyler in the same place at the same time, what a year it's going to be!

Be sure to take good care of my lil' brother Erik, he may look like a hippie with his long locks but he's still worth keeping around (being so tall and all). He's still a shrimp but don't hold it against him, he'll grow eventually ; )

Still can't believe you and Tyler are going to be interns! Man we must be getting old or something . . .

Blessings on both of you and on Kaleo, K8 you will be truly blessed by these two wonderful people!
-Viktor (K4) [Erik's big bro]

JanJan said...

Ahh Vik! I miss you! I think I said this before but your wedding pictures are beautiful and Erin is so cute! I'll def take care of your bro--it looks like he'll be quite the character!

Glad you'd be up for coffee Holly! I attend South Abbotsford Church. Are you somewhere in the Fraser Valley?

Holly said...

No way. Pastor Dan Nicholson was the pastor at my church for almost 20 years. His daughter Ang is my youth pastor's wife. Wow.

I'm from Surrey. So Metro Vancouver?