My name is Stephen Wanhella, I live in Ladner, British Columbia, and I'm 17 turning 18 a month after Kaleo starts ;) I'm finally graduating this year as well so I'm pretty excited about that. I'm definitely a bit of a musical person so expect hearing a lot of guitar during Kaleo as well as a lot of Christian metal being blasted :)
I'm kind of a camp veteran, and that's how I came to learn about Kaleo; it's always kind of been an attractive idea, but I tried to forget about ever hearing about it once I found out how much it costs haha. So earlier this year, I found out a couple people I know had already applied for it, and I got the idea back that it might be a good thing to be doing for me too - mainly because I don't know what direction I'm heading for in life and I'm down for a life changing year :P I still wasn't sure about it at that point so I started praying quite a bit about it, and the idea I got from that was "yes". The cool thing about when I was praying about it was when I asked how I could ever pay for it, the answer I heard every time was just "trust me".
Anyways, I'll be applying for another summer at Qwanoes pretty quick so hopefully I'll see some of you there :)
Looking forward to a great year,
Steve
12 comments:
Hey man im sure you remember talking to me? nice to see we'll be in the same year! anyway ill be doing a week at qwanoes, ill c u there
Ya man, absolutely. It's great knowing so many people that are doing this :)
Sweet man im glad your a musician, im a drummer so i'll probably bring out my djembe and we can play together. i also like the idea of rockin out to metal man. it should be good!
-Dryden
no you. okay, i had to get that in there. STEVE!! I'm so stoked to do this year with you. you have the craziest God moments and it's so encouraging to hear that they keep happening.
Man so excited your in Kaleo lol. I always though you were older than me (probally because I was a CIT at Qwanoes). Hmm idea, four people too a room, 4 metal people (Me+Nathan+Steve+Dryden), and 3 people with musical skills? (Steve:guitar, Dryden:Drums Me:Learning da bass :D). I say we have the chance for something pretty interesting eh boys? Or at least so I don't have to listen to Taylor Swift or Kanye West all year.
haha shlapaa da baassss!!
Lol sounds good, we can jam to some ABR or something with an acoustic guitar, bass and some djembe :P I play bass and drums too btw ;)
Hey
I read your post and saw that your a musician..... which is sweet cause im a drummer aha and love metal aha
Chris Martinez
Haha seem to be a good number of metalheads this year :)
Oh at this rate we are going to have a very good year. Not to mention alot of good metal albums coming out this year! I guess I should learn some ABR songs <_< or practice lol. Man I can't wait for Kaleo!
Ya man, I'm so pumped too. It's going to be an amazing year
WANHELLAAAAA
I'm super stoked for you - what an incredible adventure you're going to have this year!
Can NOT wait to see how the Lord will work in your heart!
Post a Comment