Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hey hey hey!



Hellooo. My name is Mary and I am from the little town of Duncan, BC. I graduated last year and I wasn't sure what I was going to do after high school so I just put going back to school on the back burner and I focused on leaning new things from my parents like how to smoke some salmon (something every cowichan girl should know :P ) and how to change a flat tire, quilting, knitting, cooking and I recently learnd how to get a perm and I am thankful that it turned out better than I thought it would. I love doing crafts and hiking to the top of the beutiful mountains that surrond my town, SO beautiful. Anyways this year has been amazing! I used to not talk to my parents, not becasue they were mean and I hated them but because ever since my "awkward teenage phase" I just didn't talk to them. So this year I have grown quite a bit closer to my family and I love it.



At the beggining of the year I kept on runing into Jim Badke and and he would always tell me to sign up for Kaleo and I would always respond with an excuse. Until one day... I didnt have one, I had run out of excuses so I took it as a sign from God that I should probly just see what happens if I apply. My parents aren't Christian and they just aren't religious at all so they didnt really understand why I wanted to do this and were complaining about the price but being the awsome and supportive parents they are let me go. It was quite the process for me to get accepted but God deffinatly was working his little miracles and somehow he made it happen and I AM SO EXCITED to meet all of you and go one this journey with you! :)



9 comments:

Michelle said...

AHHHH I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!

Holly said...

Mary, i love this pic of you! so stoked to do this with you and so glad you posted this!

Mary said...

i put a pic up just for you ;) im super stoked!

Holly said...

=D

Jeremy Derksen said...

yaaa Mary! twill be a good year...

Jeremy Derksen said...

yaaa Mary! twill be a good year...

Nate said...

i think she got it the first time Jer...

erin said...

YAAAAH MARY !!
so excited for you girl !

Lauren said...

Mary Mary Mary, it's been such a joy to know you! I'll have to visit for class so we can go for a run during break :)

This girl is amazing. You guys are going to love her.