[Brent "Moose" Lough]Wow, looking at the date it's been approximately two years since the day we all met, crazy how time flies. I haven't been to this blog much but i just read a bunch of the latest ones and its cool to see what you all are up to, new leadership roles and new freedoms, and I pray for the ones struggling they would find the overwhelming love of Jesus in a new way or revelation, because it makes all the difference!!
Well, where to start.. I miss our times together, hanging out on the sailboat, camping, hiking, surfing! Great memories with great people! And since leaving there at Christmas, I then went to a missionary school in Africa last summer for 3 months, got totally wrecked by the love of Jesus and joined a group of dreamers that were planning a missionary trip to every country in Central and South America, including the Caribbean. The trip was estimated at one year in length, and was starting right after the missionary school in Africa ended. I decided this is where I wanted to be, and thought God wanted me there as well, so I came home from Africa and a couple weeks later was off to Mexico.
Well, its now almost a whole year later, and here I am in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The trip has been a huge blessing, living in community like Kaleo but a little closer quarters, sometimes camping at gas stations or sleeping on the beach, or under the stars in an empty parking lot. Being led by the Spirit as much as we can as we travel, being of one spirit, and living in love is awesome. It's not always comfortable or makes the flesh feel good but you always have peace and joy in your heart, so not much else matters anyway!
It comes with sacrifices though, and after one year of being away from home, keeping relationships gets tough, as facebook and email is nothing close to just talking and being with people. And even harder when internet connection is limited, slow, and we just don't have it a lot.
I've been learning a lot, though, and recently God has been teaching me about Identity. If you don't know who you are, your self worth, and if you don't know how much God loves you, it's hard to love others and tell them how much God cares about them. First you get secure, then you can speak into others lives. And your self worth is huge! No one pays $100,000 for a $20,000 car, because its not worth it! But Jesus died for you. He said you were worth it. He saw past your sin and looked at your value, made in the image of Him, and said you were worth His blood! Know that and you will have the heart of God for people.
So anyways I been learning a lot, and I have until approximately April or May until this trip is done, and then will be returning to Canada, and I'm dreaming of taking a trip to BC to visit some of you! Well see what God has in store for me... I'm sure itll be good!
Love you all!
Brent
Well, where to start.. I miss our times together, hanging out on the sailboat, camping, hiking, surfing! Great memories with great people! And since leaving there at Christmas, I then went to a missionary school in Africa last summer for 3 months, got totally wrecked by the love of Jesus and joined a group of dreamers that were planning a missionary trip to every country in Central and South America, including the Caribbean. The trip was estimated at one year in length, and was starting right after the missionary school in Africa ended. I decided this is where I wanted to be, and thought God wanted me there as well, so I came home from Africa and a couple weeks later was off to Mexico.
Well, its now almost a whole year later, and here I am in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The trip has been a huge blessing, living in community like Kaleo but a little closer quarters, sometimes camping at gas stations or sleeping on the beach, or under the stars in an empty parking lot. Being led by the Spirit as much as we can as we travel, being of one spirit, and living in love is awesome. It's not always comfortable or makes the flesh feel good but you always have peace and joy in your heart, so not much else matters anyway!
It comes with sacrifices though, and after one year of being away from home, keeping relationships gets tough, as facebook and email is nothing close to just talking and being with people. And even harder when internet connection is limited, slow, and we just don't have it a lot.
I've been learning a lot, though, and recently God has been teaching me about Identity. If you don't know who you are, your self worth, and if you don't know how much God loves you, it's hard to love others and tell them how much God cares about them. First you get secure, then you can speak into others lives. And your self worth is huge! No one pays $100,000 for a $20,000 car, because its not worth it! But Jesus died for you. He said you were worth it. He saw past your sin and looked at your value, made in the image of Him, and said you were worth His blood! Know that and you will have the heart of God for people.
So anyways I been learning a lot, and I have until approximately April or May until this trip is done, and then will be returning to Canada, and I'm dreaming of taking a trip to BC to visit some of you! Well see what God has in store for me... I'm sure itll be good!
Love you all!
Brent
3 comments:
Hey Brent! Great to hear from you! I wondered how you seemed to be in a different place every time I saw you on Facebook. What a marvelous adventure of faith. May God open doors that no one can shut and close doors that no one can open (Rev 3:7-8). Thank you for your encouragement!
Crazy to think it was two years ago. Can't believe that much time has gone by. Good to hear your heart Brent! You are doing some really cool things. I'm praying for you man. Grace and peace.
Hey Brent! It's sweet to hear from you brother, and it sounds like the you are letting the Spirit use you. Cal was talking in chapel this morning on letting yourself be spiritually formed. Is it the clay that is in charge of the forming or the potter? It's the potter. All the clay has to do is respond to the potter's hands. It sounds like you're doing this, and I am encouraged to see someone striving to be in step with the Spirit! May God continue to use you in great ways, my friend.
Post a Comment