Friday, January 14, 2011

Update from Brent

Hey Kaleo's I wanted to let you know what's happening in my life lately.
Well, so far so good! I am super blessed! I have started doing outreach with my friend in Red Deer and it's really fun!! We just walk around town and love on people and tell them about our loving Father! We also pray for the sick and we got to see one man's back pain leave instantly and his leg grew out! Wow.. that was awesome, praise God!

Other than that I have been trying to figure out some longer term plans.. and so far i have been feeling that God is calling me to Africa, to a missionary school. It is really practical learning (speakers come and speak to the class, live as a missionary and practice what you are learning) and as far as I know there isn't much acedemics at all, if any? It doesn't specify but I am definitly more of a practical learner and it seems very practical, you actually live as a missionary there, with hundreds of orphan children which were once street children and some of them former prostitutes and some scavenged food from the garbage dump. I feel a call to go there and I will be applying real soon.

I have been thinking about starting up a life group at my house, where a bunch of people would get together and talk about Christ, pray for each other, do outreach together, teach and learn from eachother, kinda like home church or bible study except spontaneous and no set schedule of what we would do. Well see what happens with that, if i start it up or not.

I am still learning lots, i have 6 books lined up to read and have read some other books already. God has also brought together a good facebook family for me, so when I go on there I'm not just wasting time anymore :), the Holy Spirit is guiding me and teaching me through others, the video's, links and statuses they post, and talking with them.
I started a website to put together some stuff I have been learning, and teach others and guide them into truth. Check it out here authenticloveneverfails.webs.com

Anyways I am so stoked for you all going to mt washington, your gunna have a blast!! I still really hope to come for the surfing trip (when is that again Jim?) Miss you, thinking and praying for you all! Don't worry about me I am very blessed and my relationship with Christ is just getting deeper and deeper, it brings me joy and peace, this Christian life is abundant, we are so blessed!!


Even though were not together your all still my family and I love you all!
Brent

3 comments:

Jordana said...

Brent im so proud of you. it seems you have made such a great use of ur time already. and i wish you all the best and remember all things are possible through Christ. Im praying for you man. LOVE YOU
Jojo

Mary said...

Brent you are so cool, so missed and so blessed! I am so glad that you are keeping us updated and our blog alive :) We love to hear from you so keep on posting and you are still part of our communitity. We love you and miss you. I am inspierd by what you are doing, praise Him!

Brent . Moose said...

I miss you all as well! much love! Yes Mary i am soo blessed its awesome! We truly are so blessed as Sons and Daughters of the living God!! And i don't even mean situationally blessed, because not everything is perfect, nor will it be for the rest of my life hehe, i mean that God has been showing me how blessed we are because He has forgiven us all our sins, He always loves us, He always provides, He always cares, He will never leave us, He gives us peace and joy in the midst of pain and trial and hardship. We are adopted by God into His family!! Hallelujah Praise Him Yay God ha

love yall!