Friday, July 9, 2010

...let the praises ring!

Hey everyone,

About two weeks ago, I wrote a post about the job i was in and how i was struggling. Praise the Lord, it has totally turned around. This past week has been so good. We've just finished our week of Vacation Bible School and I headed up the crafts which was really cool. I'm not really all that creative but I got to explore that side of me a little more while working with some really cute kids.

One fun story: one of the grade two leaders was teaching her kids the memory verse and needed a way to help them remember where it was found which was Psalm 119:50. So she says "I'm 119 and she's (her co-leader) 50". One of her little girls goes, "You're 119!?" The leader says, "Yes, I'm 119," keeping up the pretense for the sake of learning the verse. The little girl gasps and goes, "You're beautiful for your age!!" One of the best moments of the week!

Sunday is our church service that we dedicate entirely to Children's Ministries. What that means is that we invite the kids that came to VBS and their parents to church on sunday where the parents get to see a little of what VBS was like, and so does the rest of the church. Worship is kid-oriented, the children's pastor does a lesson, and it's a bunch of fun. Afterwards, we have a picnic lunch for the kids and their families. If you could pray for that and for God to work in the hearts of those that come, that'd be great!

Coming up are a couple of weeks of field trip programs where safety is so important so continued prayer on that would be phenomenal.

You're all great and thank you so much for praying for me!

Romans 15:13,
Holly

3 comments:

Brent . Moose said...

answered prayer is awesome!

Holly said...

tell me about it!

Nate said...

thats awesome to here Holly!! :P ill keep praying for ya and can't wait to actually meet u in person! and p.s. u got the right person on facebook that was me! lol