Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hi! I'm Holly and...

...i'm stoked to be posting on this blog because it means that I got into Kaléo!!

I'm Holly and I am 17, turning 18 this year! I am currently in grade 12 and I can't wait to be done with it. I love to laugh, sing, read, dance... all kinds of fun stuff! I also love people in general so I can't wait to meet all of you!

I'm not going to post my testimony cause I'll save that for Kaléo, but I do want to tell you how I came to be posting on this blog. So the last time I posted on a Jim blog to introduce myself was in March of 2008 when I applied for CIT at Qwanoes. I ended up doing both CIT and LIT which were amazing, but before and even more so after LIT, I felt like I really wanted to do Kaléo but I wasn't sure if it was God's will for me. I struggled with that a lot because I really wanted to do it. Another factor was that my mom wasn't stoked on the idea of Bible school. In fact, she was completely against it. My mom loves the Lord but didn't want me to go to Bible school; she wanted me to go straight to university. I promised her a year of university and then I get to do what I want. That was the agreement.

Fast forward approximately 3 months and I really felt led to apply for Kaléo, but that wasn't a part of the agreement. I went to my mom and told her how I was feeling and she said it was okay. Not only that, but she was behind me 100%. That was a complete 180 and my signal that I needed to apply. So I did my application. And then did it again. And then again once more. But it finally all went through and here I am!

I'm so excited to go on this journey with all of you and even more excited to see how God changes us and works through us! It's going to be a great year!

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask! I ask a lot of questions, so I don't mind them. =)

5 comments:

Sarah Leona said...

im so glad that everything worked out! :)

Holly said...

me too! =)

Ellie said...

yahoo Holly!

Stephen said...

Ballin' Hollin's going to have a good year ;)

Holly said...

HAHAHA! that's gonna come out in full force next year, isn't it?