Hi everyone! I just received my acceptance to the program in phone-call form on Thursday night. I honestly was not sure if I was going to get in and it's needless to say I was incredibly relieved to hear from Jim. Despite the fact that my financial situation is looking fairly uncertain, I have no doubt in my mind that this is what I want to do. I can't imagine putting my money anywhere else. I have been looking forward to doing Kaleo ever since I was fifteen, when my Young Life leader got back from having completed it. I have never felt so called to anything in all my life.
In a nutshell, my name is Bret (in the female sense), I am seventeen, and I live in Victoria, BC. I spend most of my time listening to or playing music, painting, reading, and writing. I am nervous to leave my home, my family, my friends and my activities behind next year; I am most definitely an anxious person when it comes to change. But I know that this is what God wants for me and I am so looking forward to being in a place where I can seek greater knowledge about Him, alongside others who love Him too.
Can't wait to meet you all.
4 comments:
you live in victoria?! We should hang out! haha
I have a feeling we will get along really well! lol
Bret, you have a sweet name!
hey bret , im from k7. just wanted you to know that your in for a ride of your life. for real you will have lots of fun, and like myself i was prettty nervous comming here but its all good in da hood.
bye now
Post a Comment