Amazing! It has been one year since Kaleo Grad 2011! How we miss you all, and have been so glad for every opportunity to hear from you and about you and to occasionally see some of you! Your progress in your faith is celebrated by us; your struggles are mourned and prayed for. "It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:7, 8 NIV).
Also, it has been one year of transition for us: wrapping up our time with Kaleo; helping Anna through a tough transition; selling and moving out of our 100 year old house; giving up both of our dogs; two weeks in Ucluelet; another two in Kelowna; a month housesitting in Duncan and another in Victoria; a trip across Canada visiting 90 Kaleo students; then 8000 km of travel around New Zealand; and finally a month of volunteering at another camp on the Island.
So, what's next? Friday evening, I was sitting in a kayak on the quiet waters of Cowichan Lake with the sun warming my back, and suddenly I knew what we should do. So yesterday, I accepted the position of the Director of Camp Imadene's Auxano program. This is a discipleship program for young adults of college age, focusing on biblical training and service, running from September to April. The goal for the fall is about 12 students (they had 5 as a trial run this year) and I will work alongside two other leaders (like Kaleo's interns), who are yet to be determined.
Right now we are living in Honeymoon Bay (see? I can be romantic!) in a beautiful waterfront home that belongs to friends. We never get tired of looking out the window.
Love you all! We appreciate your prayers as we get started in a whole new ministry! May our paths cross soon!

8 comments:
Hey Jim, I'm glad you've had this year to transition, it sounds like it's been good. Also, this Imadene gig sounds pretty sweet! Does it sound like it'll be somewhat like Kaleo? Where's the name Auxano come from?
It's great to hear from you! Miss you Jim.
jim! you're doing it! that is amazing. i am so happy for you. i want to be your other leader but i have to finish this dang degree. when are you coming back to vic? let's visit! love you!
Thanks Logan! Suzano is Greek for "growth" (the Director at Imadene, Andy, came up with it) and though there will no accredited academics and not as many outtrips, the program will be about discipleship in a small temporary community like Kaleo.
And Bret, I would love to have you get involved, maybe lead some worship/prayer sesh with the students. We will be in Vic this weekend - what are you up to Saturday morning?
Suzano is what spell checker on my iPhone thinks of Auxano.
Hey Jim, you should have 20 interns or so ;)
Hey Jim,
Loving how God has revealed Himself to you! Those students are going to be crazy blessed. As for leaders, I have no solid plans yet for next year... just saying =)
In all seriousness, I'd love to visit you in Honeymoon Bay sometime. I gotta go back to Cow Lake Baptist too!
I second Holly (and Bret and Erik). So exciting to hear about this, Jim. And I'd LOVE to be a leader under you. Looks like you'll have no shortage of volunteers for that :)
Haha, yeah I think Erik hit that one on the head :) Sounds sweet!God will be doing great works through you and in you, and I'm excited to see where this goes.
Post a Comment