My dear Kaleo Family:
You are an incredible group of Christ-followers! I can't wait for you to recognize it more and MORE through this intense year of struggle and growth. It filled me with JOY to fellowship with you, and now that I am home in Manitoba for a few days I have some time to record what the Lord spoke to us. Isn't it CRAZY how He wove that morning's chapel with what Cal had been speaking?! I LOVE how He does that! It shows us how intricately He works and just how much He pursues us. Here is His letter to you:
My Beloved,
THIS, what you are walking through, is good. It is for your good. I would not have otherwise orchestrated it; and so trust Me in this. I will accomplish your deepest heart's desire, only wait in Me; wait for Me.
Remember how I have spoken and led you in the past. I have not forgotten you. I am leading you now.
Yes, we are plunging into the darkness. But I want to give you my "treasures of darkness" - faith, hope, eyes to see the unseen, a resolute walk - so that the light of My glory will beam even brighter.
This isn't just about you. This isn't just about your story. This is about My Story - the one that is still unfolding, the one I will bring to completion. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I am the Author and Perfecter of your faith. Remember those who have gone ahead of you. Follow their example of faith.
And so, let Me discipline you, that you may bear more fruit. This will be for your joy and will bring Me praise.
Bear patiently with one another. Be generous. This will bring a deeper trust because I have promised to never leave you or forsake you. I will provide for you, as I shepherd you. For I the Lord do not change.
with steadfast love,
your Abba
(Romans 8:28; Psalm 37:4&7; Isaiah 40:29-31; Isaiah 49:8-16; Isaiah 45:3; Philippians 1:6; Revelation 22:13; Hebrews 13:7-8; Hebrews 11; Hebrews 12:1-3 and 5-11; John 15; Ephesians 4:2; Romans 12:13; Hebrews 13:5; Psalm 23:1; Malachi 3:6)
A few words of encouragement for this year:
1. Be faithful in the little things. Be faithful with other people's time - with your friends, your church, at camp. Obey your leaders so that their work will be a joy, not a burden. (Hebrews 13:17)
2. Wait patiently. What you are hoping for will come. So, enjoy the journey.
3. Be thankful. We have so much to be thankful for! Look to what you have been given. Take time often throughout this year to reflect on what you're thankful for. It will help you to not miss it.
I love how He has chosen you to walk this path of grace for such a time as this. My love and prayers are with you!
3 comments:
I'm surprised no one's commented on this yet. It's great to hear from you again, Kristie, thanks for the encouragement!
Love this! So encouraging - thankyou for posting, Kristie. Hope you are doing well!
... you went to camp and didnt tell me? grrr i could have seen you..
Post a Comment