Friday, September 10, 2010

It's My Birthday and I'll Blog If I Want To...

Yikes! How did it get to be September 10th, five days before the start of Kaleo Eight? I hope the whole year doesn't go this quick!

I have some news for you! A while back I sent you an email to let you know that (sadly) Kristie Voth would not be returning as Student Life Leader this fall. Kristie is doing well and is anticipating the new opportunities God is opening up for her. Though she is sad to not be with you this year, she knows that - in everything - God moves to bring about good for those who love him and are called by him, and that he is already doing that for her and for Kaleo.

We now have someone in place to take up the role of Kaleo Student Life Leader, and it is someone who has the role before! Amanda Rubert was the SLL for Kaleo Three, Four and Five, as well as Head Counselor at Qwanoes for several summers, and she has agreed at this late hour to step in and help give direction to the program this year. She brings with her not only Kaleo experience but a deep sensitivity to what God is doing in the world and a active interest in and love for the young leaders he is raising up in our culture. She is an English Major student and will be a great help to you with academics, but she is also an excellent mentor and listener. You will love having Amanda as one of your leaders this year.

So, here we go! We are so excited to have you with us until April! What will happen in those seven months?? "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

1 comment:

Holly said...

YYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! I'm so excited to have Amanda on board!